Vocational (VET) & Careers Education
At Assumption College we offer a number of options in vocational education and training for our students. Our students can access VET through the following options:
- Certificate courses offered through the school (in partnership with other Registered Training Organisations).
- Study through a course at the local campus of TAFE
- Or through a school-based traineeship or apprenticeship.
All of these options are designed to provide our students with the opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge needed for employability. For our students too, these options can also provide pathways not only to employment but to further study.
Some of the goals of vocational learning at Assumption College:
- To provide vocational pathway opportunities for students
- To develop student employability skills
- To provide students with more opportunities for employment post-school
- To provide students with opportunities to gain industry recognised qualifications whilst at school.
For more information on any of these options, please contact the Student Pathways Coordinator or visit the college careers website at www.acwcareers.com.